Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Light Load

Last night we had some friends over for dinner and much needed "friend time." As most of you know, both Travis and I still go to the cemetery every day we are in town. My friend and I finished dinner and decided to head up to the cemetery. I was talking to her about my post discussing strength and my feelings around that post. I explained to her that this can't possibly be my strength that people are in awe of...it's His.

Every day I go to the cemetery, I read Ainslee a story out of this book called "Blessings Every Day." For each day of the year it has a story. I wanted to share yesterday's story which occurred after my "Strong" post.

A Light Load
For My yoke is easy, and My load is light.  Matthew 11:30

When you're young and your legs are short, you get tired out more quickly than someone taller does. Just when you think you can't walk another step, someone picks you up and carries you. Aren't you glad? Someone bigger and stronger than you doesn't think you are heavy at all. God is the biggest, strongest person in the universe. And he wants us to turn over all our worries and cares to him. Our worries are too heavy for us, but they are a light load for God!

God knows my worries are too heavy for me,
He'll carry them all so that I can be free.

I just thought this was further confirmation that I owe all glory and honor to him for carrying me. Don't be amazed at my strength, but at His.

The funny thing about this bible verse is that on Ainslee's bench that we are putting out at the cemtery also has this same verse. Just another confirmation that God is saying to allow him to carry these burdens. After all, "his yoke is easy, his burden is light." In the next few weeks, we should have her headstone and our Family Bench completed out at the cemetery. I can't wait to share the finished product with everyone. We're headed to church soon and church has such a special meaning for me. This church is where I've baptized both my babies, and it's where my daughter had her funeral. There are a lot of different emotions I go through, and it's not often I can get through the service without breaking down. But I'm thankful to have my husband, my children, and memories to hold onto until we meet again. Have a blessed Sunday!


   
   
   
 


Always,
Channan

No comments:

Post a Comment