Monday, June 20, 2011

For God so Loved the World.....

A Very Happy Father's Day to the 3 important men in my life...my amazing Pappy, my ever so patient and humbling husband Travis, and my Father in Heaven.

As I was listening to the sermon in church yesterday, I kept hearing about a "perfect" love. A love that surpasses all understanding. Everytime I would hear about this perfect love and what it consisted of, I kept thinking of my Adrian and Ainslee. I thought about how perfect they are, the perfect relationship I have with the two of them, the perfect HOME I have waiting for me with my ever so perfect daughter and Father.

What I came to the realization of was that no matter how hard I tried, I could never love perfectly. I have loved with all my heart, I have loved with every fiber in my body, I have loved effortlessly. But in this love I have for my babies, for my husband, for my Pappy...this is absolutely no comparison to the PERFECT love our Father in Heaven has for us. HE willingly gave up his son for us. If I was ever to be asked to do that, I could never. He knew His son would be ridiculed, tormented, beaten...and He loved us so perfectly, that he accepted this. To have a love this perfect is unfathomable.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. ~ John 3:16

Happy Father's Day to all you Fathers..whether your children are here on Earth or patiently awaiting for you to join them in Heaven. My prayer tonight is that you, along with my husband, will have the peace to know that our "perfect" love for our children is understood by our Father.

Always,
Channan

No comments:

Post a Comment