Sunday, November 4, 2012

Family Pictures and a Hadlee update!

So...a little Hadlee update! I have some good news. I have been able to get Hadlee OUT of her swaddle...FINALLY! At 6+ months, she is out of her swaddle and sleeping in her sleep sacks over her sleeper. Oh that in itself makes me happy. That's the first good news. The 2nd good news is we moved her over to her room! On Ainslee's birthday, we moved Hadlee to the girl's room because sleep was just not happening in this house and it was exhausting. I wasn't ready to move her, but we had to try anything. And....the 3rd good news-It worked!!!!!!!!! Hadlee is sleeping so much better in her bed. Last night was her best night yet. She went to sleep just fine, got up at 2:30 in the morning, and then back to bed until 6 this morning. I am one happy Momma. I think she had to get out of our room and sleeping next to me. She could sniff me out as soon as I'd come in the room to get in bed. I am sleeping in the guest room now because it's closer to her room and makes me feel safer until I get used to her sleeping. Even though she's sleeping better, I am still checking her monitor every 30 minutes to an hour. The other night we did have a little scare with her monitor. I haven't had any false alarms on her angel care until the other night. I was having a hard time falling asleep and finally started to doze...then it happened, the alarm went off. I flew out of bed, covers flying, my legs were like jello as I was trying to figure out how to use them to get running. It was an awful kind of panic. I got down the hall, into her room, scooped her up and couldn't even look at her to see if I was going to be looking at a breathing baby, or a lifeless one. I took her to my husband and could feel her breathing so knew she was fine. I told him what happened and I was taking her to bed with me to just feel her breath for a bit. I laid with her for an hour just holding her and then she was ready to eat. So so scary. The next day, we had her 6 month pictures and our family pictures before Christmas card time. I love our sneak peak and how they turned out. I am feeling incredibly blessed to have 2 beautiful living children, a wonderful supportive and handsome husband, and the hope of heaven to be reunited with our entire family. Hope you enjoy some of my favorite pics!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures Channan! I have a 7 month old boy who I just moved to his own bed and as with everything with our children it's a mixture of emotions. I hope Hadlee continues to do well though in hers and praying for no more panic scares from the alert monitor. That was very beautiful how you celebrated Ainslee's birthday, very precious. You are in my prayers<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it isn't news to you, but you are SO blessed. Thank you very much for sending me the link to your blog. I've only read this story and viewed your sneek peek pics, but I want you to know it is great and the pics...BEAUTIFUL!
    What an accomplishment for you and Hadlee especially. I know moving her into her own room had to be difficult, but it sounds like it was 'just what the doctor ordered' for both...all...of you. Congratulations! I pray that all of you will be able to sleep peacefully going forward and that there will be no more panicky events. Enjoy your blessings. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning photos! Pure happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cutest pictures ever!! i'm glad everyones doing so well :)

    ReplyDelete